Thursday, April 21, 2011

Run Forest Run!


If you ask friends that I went to school with, they will most definitely agree that running is not my forte! The mere mention of cross-country around Tiddenfoot Pit would make my heart sink!

And yet, I now find myself training to run a mammoth 26.2 miles in approximately 4 weeks time at the Edinburgh marathon! This day has been a long time coming, over the past four years I have been building up my distances, from 5k to 10k and last year I ran the Silverstone half marathon. Each year I say I won’t be running a further distance, and I can safely say that after this year, this statement will be true.

I have now been in training for 6 long months and am up to the 20 mile marker so I am pretty sure I will make the full distance in one piece! You can help me on the 22nd May when I am slogging it around Edinburgh in the name of charity (and madness) by donating via the Paypal link on our home page (www.selvin.org.uk).  Any donation will be gratefully received and will make a huge difference to the schools we are supporting – it will also keep me going when my legs want to give up!

Much love,

V
X

No comments:

Post a Comment