Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In Pictures - the Lisbon Half Marathon

In an effort to take my mind off of my sore legs, I thought that I would attempt to create a photo diary during the Lisbon Half Marathon! As you can imagine, taking photo's whilst running was not the easiest task, there were a few blurred shots and ones where I seemed to have forgotten not to cover the lens with my finger!

But I did manage to capture the experience with my lomography camera so the results are at least something a little different!

Walking to the start line and capturing a milestone...



Waiting to start, along with 29,999 other runners!


In good company...




Taking in the view at the start line...



And then it was over the 25th April suspension bridge (the best part of the run by far!)


And then under it!


A familiar sight en route...


The incredible Praça do Comércio




The first time I have ever had to quite literally dodge banana skins!




The best feeling in the world, the end is in sight!




So nearly there...




Job done :) 




A huge thank you for everyone's support, you had no idea just how much it means when those miles start dragging and you feel like you can't keep running, it really does keep you going.


Vicki
x

No comments:

Post a Comment